At Putzmeister America, we are striving to control inventory and transportation costs to enhance customer value. As a result, listed below are instructions for all shipments from a Putzmeister vendor when Putzmeister is responsible for the freight charges. These instructions do not apply if the vendor is responsible for the freight charges and ships freight prepaid.
- Vendors to ship to Putzmeister America - freight collect unless in product price.
- Vendor to ship to other vendors - freight third party billing to Putzmeister America, Inc., 1733 90th Street, Sturtevant, WI 53177. On Less Than Truckload (LTL) and Truck Load (TL) shipments for vendor to vendor, the bill of lading should reflect the vendor as the shipper with the third party instructions on the bill of lading.
- There should be no exceptions without prior approval of Putzmeister America. Please document whose approval given if not by the Putzmeister transportation manager.
- Send ground parcel shipments via FedEx Ground (preferred) or UPS Ground (secondary) freight collect using Putzmeister's account numbers. Contact Putzmeister for the account numbers prior to shipment.
- If packages are of parcel size and weight and total shipment is between 150 and 300 lbs. actual weight, ship via FedEx Ground. Ship all packages via LTL and not FedEx or UPS when any single package in the shipment has its length and girth combined exceed 130 inches.
- It is assumed the shipper is familiar with UPS and FedEx Ground rules regarding size, weight and service regulations particularly oversize dimension categories and dimensional weight classifications. Oversize 1 and 2 category packages must be entered as such in your shipping systems prior to actual shipment. Corrections by FedEx and UPS will be charged back to the vendor.
- Send airfreight less than 150 lbs. via FedEx if size allows.
- Vendor is to describe LTL freight on bills of lading using the appropriate National Motor Freight Classification item description. If you do not know, contact Putzmeister Traffic.
- Contact Putzmeister Traffic for routing at least 24 hours in advance under the following conditions;
- Shipment is six pallets or more, or
- Air shipment over 150 lbs. Or if over 130" in length and girth or over 108" in any one dimension, or
- Same day air shipment, or
- Dedicated express truck shipments requiring special equipment like flatbeds or drop decks, or
- Total weight of shipment exceeds 8,000 lbs.
- Vendors may be billed back all freight charges for failure to follow these routing instructions.
- Use Tax-Air Freight (800) 242-6565 for intrastate Wisconsin LTL shipments.
- Use Performance Freight (800) 899-7228 for IL, IN, IA and MN to WI.
- Use Roadway Express or Vitran Express for all other interstate LTL shipments.
- Use Con-Way for interstate Hot Rush shipments that don't need to go airfreight.
- Your company truck is okay with prior approval.
Putzmeister America Traffic Department - Contact Aaron Cook by phone (262) 884-6248 or (800) 884-7210, e-mail email@example.com or fax (262) 321-6848
Putzmeister America, Inc.
Customer Support Center
Repair & Service Center
Customer Support Center
Convenient E-mail Contacts